Asheville Track Club Scholarship Program
In keeping with its mission to support running and fitness in Western North Carolina, the Asheville Track Club has established a scholarship program for high school seniors who are planning to continue their education and who have demonstrated a commitment to this sport. A minimum of two $1,000 scholarships (one male, one female) will be awarded each spring according to the following criteria. The deadline for consideration for the 2017 – 2018 academic year is May 19th, 2017.
ATC Scholarship Criteria:
• Must be resident of Buncombe, Madison, Henderson, Haywood, or McDowell county and resided in that county at least 12 months before applying for scholarship
• Must be a HS graduating senior
• Applicant must be a runner and/or a member of a local HS track or cross country team.
• Must have a HS GPA of 3.5 or better
• Must submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher or coach.
• Must have been accepted to a 2 or 4 year accredited not-for-profit college
• Does NOT have to be a member of the college track or cross country team
• Must submit a short essay of no more than 300 words. Topic: “How running has made an impact on my life.”
• Each applicant who meets the above criteria will receive a complimentary 1 year membership to the ATC.
• Scholarship will be awarded only one time per student.
• Scholarship payment will be made directly to the college, not to the student.
For further information contact Robin Linderman at firstname.lastname@example.org.