Asheville Track Club Scholarship Program
In keeping with its mission to support running and fitness in Western North Carolina, the Asheville Track Club has established a scholarship program for high school seniors who are planning to continue their education and who have demonstrated a commitment to running. Recipients do NOT need to be members of a school team. Two $1000 scholarships (one male, one female) are awarded each spring according to the following criteria. Applications must be submitted no later than May 31, 2018.
ATC Scholarship Criteria
- Resident of Buncombe, Madison, Henderson, Haywood, or McDowell county and resided in that county at least 12 months before applying for scholarship.
- High school graduating senior.
- Active runner, independently or with a school or community team.
- GPA of 3.5 or better.
- Accepted to a 2 or 4 year accredited not-for-profit college (applicant does NOT have to run with the college track or cross country team).
- Letter of recommendation submitted directly by a high school coach or teacher.
- Essay of 200-300 words about how running has made an impact on your life.
- Scholarship will be awarded only one time per student.
- Payment will be made directly to the college, not to the student.
- Scholarship winners will:
- Provide a photo and permission to use it for our media purposes.
- Receive a complimentary 1 year membership to the ATC.
For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Copy the application form below (or use the same headings) and submit a completed version to email@example.com. You may send it as regular email text, or as a Word or PDF attachment. Ask a coach or teacher to submit a letter of recommendation to the same email address no later than May 31. It would be wise to send that person a reminder one week before the deadline.
Mailing address including zip code:
Date of graduation:
Other interests/extracurricular activities:
College planning to attend:
Full address of college business office:
Name and title of person submitting letter of recommendation:
How has running had an impact on your life? (200-300 word essay)